Now Accepting Applications for Dairy Improvement Grants
With grant funds donated by Commonwealth Dairy and in partnership with the St. Albans Cooperative Creamery, Dairy Farmers of America, Housing Vermont, and the Massachusetts Housing Investment Corporation, the Vermont Farm & Forest Viability Program provides grants of up to $40,000 to Vermont dairy farmer members of the St. Albans Co-op and Dairy Farmers of America to make on-farm improvements.
How to Apply
1. Read the Application Instructions (link) to learn details about:
- Business plan requirements
- Matching funds requirements
- How to submit your application
- The review committee's selection criteria, and
- The terms and and conditions of grant awards
2. Compile the required materials and submit your application.
ONLINE SUBMISSION (preferred method)
To submit your application through our online system, have all of your attachments ready to upload, including the required budget sheet form (link), then click here: Online Grant Application (link).
NOTE: The budget sheet must be downloaded to your computer before data can be saved in it.
If you choose to submit your application by mail, you must download and complete the full Dairy Improvement Grant Application (link). Once completed, printed and signed, mail your application materials to
Vermont Farm & Forest Viability Program
58 East State Street
Montpelier, VT 05602
All applications must be submitted online or postmarked by 5pm on December 15th, 2016.
If you have questions about the grant process, please attend one of the two information sessions we will hold in October:
- Monday, 10/17/16 (Middlebury, American Legion 12 pm – 2 pm)
- Monday, 10/17/16 (St. Albans Free Library, 12 pm – 2 pm)
If you have any other questions regarding this grant opportunity, please contact Liz Gleason at email@example.com or 828-3370.