In early 2021 the American Rescue Plan Act became law and included substantial funding to address homelessness to be provided through the existing HOME Investment Partnership Program (HOME Program). Vermont has been awarded $9,564,691 of this one-time funding known as HOME-ARP. The State prepared an Allocation Plan (link below) describing how the funding will be used which was approved by HUD in March 2022. Funding is now available for the development of HOME-ARP rental units to serve individuals and households experiencing homelessness or at-risk of homelessness. More information about how to apply for these funds is available on our Housing Applications page.
- HOME-ARP Reference Guide
- HOME-ARP VHCB Maximum Subsidy Guidelines
- HOME-ARP Qualifying Populations
- Vermont HOME-ARP Allocation Plan – Approved by HUD 9/22/2022
- HUD Notice CPD-021-10 (Sept. 13, 2021)
- General information about applying for VHCB, ARPA-SFR, HOME, HOME-ARP, and National Housing Trust Funds, the housing application and required checklists