To support the resilience and long-term success of Vermont’s producers, the Vermont Farm & Forest Viability Program is offering disaster response support to working lands businesses with urgent needs related to COVID-19.
What services are available?
- Consultation with an expert business advisor to assess the unique needs of your business, provide assistance and connection to resources, and help you plan your next steps. The initial consultation is 30-60 minutes with follow-up meetings as needed to address specific issues.
- Our advisors can help you with:
- Financial planning/ Cash flow management
- Navigating federal relief funding (Ex: Small Business Administration - Paycheck Protection Program)
- Labor management/Human Resources
- Seeking alternate market channels
- Shifting to online/retail sales
- Marketing & communications
- Connecting with health & wellbeing resources
- Navigating regulatory requirements
- & more!
Who is eligible?
- Farm, food, and forest products businesses that are located in Vermont are eligible for services.
How do I get connected with services?
- Complete our short ONLINE INTAKE FORM and a member of our team will follow up within 1-2 business days to connect you with resources that best meet your needs. If you have worked with a Viability Program advisor before, or are currently, feel free to reach out to them directly for support.
What if I need more help?
- COVID Response & Recovery services are meant to help businesses navigate immediate challenges, stabilize, and plan next steps to build a foundation for recovery. Advisors may make referrals to other programs or consultants for additional services depending on specific needs. Long-term business advising is also available through the Viability Program for eligible farm, food and forest businesses; more information here.
For more information, contact:
- Mariah Noth at @email or 802-828-1098.
Please visit our COVID-19 Resources Page for Working Lands Businesses for links to guidance, tools, and additional resources.