To support the resilience and long-term success of Vermont’s producers, the Vermont Farm & Forest Viability Program is offering disaster response support to eligible working lands businesses with urgent needs related to COVID-19.
What services are available?
- Consultation with an expert business advisor to assess the unique needs of your business, provide assistance and connection to resources, and help you plan your next steps. The initial consultation is 30-60 minutes with follow-up meetings as needed to address specific issues.
- Our advisors can help you with:
- Financial planning/ Cash flow management
- Navigating relief funding programs
- Labor management/Human Resources
- Seeking alternate market channels
- Shifting to online/retail sales
- Marketing & communications
- Connecting with health & wellbeing resources
- Navigating regulatory requirements
- & more!
Who is eligible?
- Our core programming is geared toward clients who:
- are year-round Vermont residents, currently operating a farm, food, or forest products business in Vermont
- are actively involved in the day-to-day management of the business
- have at least two years’ experience managing this business
- are commercial-scale, grossing at least $15,000 annually
- has had significant impacts on their business due to COVID
- If you are not sure if you meet these eligibility requirements, or are interested in learning about other resources that may meet your needs, please contact @email. We also publish a list of resources here.
How do I get connected with services?
- Complete our short ONLINE APPLICATION and a member of our team will be in touch with you. Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis.
What if I need more help?
- COVID Response & Recovery services are meant to help businesses navigate immediate challenges, stabilize, and plan next steps to build a foundation for recovery. Advisors may make referrals to other programs or consultants for additional services depending on specific needs. Long-term business advising is also available through the Viability Program for eligible farm, food and forest businesses; more information here.
- For urgent support related to health & well-being, please reach out to Farm First (802-318-5538), Vermont 2-1-1 (Dial 2-1-1), or see our list of health and well-being resources here.
For more information, contact:
- Mariah Noth at @email or 802-828-1098.
Please visit our COVID-19 Resources Page for Working Lands Businesses for links to guidance, tools, and additional resources.