When funding is available, Farm & Forest Viability Implementation Grants are available on a competitive basis to farm businesses that have completed an up-to-date business plan or transfer plan through the Vermont Farm & Forest Viability Program to help implement specific goals of the business plans created through the program.
The FY22 grant round will be open by April, 2022. Applications are due May 13, 2022.
The Vermont Farm & Forest Viability Program is pleased to announce that grants of $1,000 to $10,000 are available on a competitive basis to Viability Program clients who participated in the program in 2020, 2021, or 2022.
Applications are due Friday, May 13th, 2022, and decisions will be made in June 2022.
Eligible projects include, but are not limited to, farm infrastructure construction, equipment, machinery upgrades, and energy efficiency projects. Focus areas for this grant are investments that:
- Address pandemic related challenges
- Address climate change and climate adaptation
- Improve and/or increase production or processing of local food or forest products
All eligible applicants should have been contacted and received online application information already. If you have not been contacted or would like to discuss alternate methods of submitting your application, please be in touch with Betsy McGavisk by email (@email) or phone (802-828-5562)
- Application Instructions
- Please use this link in order to complete and submit your application
- You may download this PDF of the application in order to type out your answers before entering them into the online application above
Viability Program staff will be available to answer application, eligibility, or business plan questions by email, phone, and at two virtual informational sessions. Please register using the links below: