Welcome New Members!
Hello VHCB AmeriCorps members of 2020-2021! Welcome to the program, we are so excited to start a year of service with you. Due to safe practices regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, we are unfortunately unable to meet all together for Orientation this year. All pertinent member information will be housed here for you to access, including information about orientation, resources, and the remote service day project.
Materials that will be useful during orientation can be found here. This includes links to any activities we do, forms and paperwork, and the Member Handbook which we will be referring to throughout. The Member Handbook includes detailed information about what AmeriCorps is, the Vermont Housing and Conservation Board, program practices and policies, forms and paperwork, progress reporting, member resources, health care, and the member agreement. This will be your go-to-guide during service to answer any questions.
September 9th-11th Zoom Link:
Use this link for all Sessions on September 9th-11th. The password "vhcb" is required to enter, or you can be let in by the meeting host.
September 30th Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/s/82283098229
Please plan on being available from 9-3:30p with an optional start time of 8:30a for a Coffee & Chat with fellow members!
September Returning Member Special Session: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82550922270
Use this link to join the Returning Member Training Session on September 10th at 1:00 p.m.
- Orientation Agenda
- Member Handbook
- Goals & Self-Assessment Sheet
- Service Focus Area Activity
- Regional Meet-ups
- Video: History of AmeriCorps - lunchtime viewing on September 9th.
- Prohibited Activities video
- Day 1 Icebreaker Questions
- Food Assistance/3 Squares Webinar -optional session on gaining access to food assistance while serving.
- Who Am I? - Activity for practicing introductions and speaking about your service.
- Member Quest - An activity to help get to know your fellow members
- Regional Groups Activity - An activity to get to know other members serving in your area.
Day of Service Project
Traditionally on the final day of member orientation, we spent the afternoon completing a service project together in honor of those involved in the tragedy of 9/11. This year we will all be participating in a remote service project to write letters to either military personnel, essential workers, or the elderly to thank them for their service during this time, or to be a friendly voice in their day. Follow the link to further details on this project and what to do to get involved.
Once complete, email Francis at @email with notification of project complete including which letter you chose write.
- Learn about AmeriCorps and National Service
- Understand what the VHCB AmeriCorps Program is All About
- Come to know the rules and regulations that will guide you through your service year
- Get to know each other
AmeriTastic Team Challenge!
There are ten Question Sessions with 6 questions each. Please do not open a Question Session sheet before instructed to do so (that would be cheating!). You will have 3 minutes to answer the questions as a team in each session. Your team will receive a point per each correct answer. Good Luck!
- Question Session 1
- Question Session 2
- Question Session 3
- Question Session 4
- Question Session 5
- Question Session 6
- Question Session 7
- Question Session 8
- Question Session 9
- Question Session 10
Please complete the Vermont COVID-19 course and email certificate to Ashley at @email. To complete the training:
- Go to the following webpage: https://labor.vermont.gov/document/protecting-safety-and-health-workers-vosha
- Click on the link to the .pdf: Protecting the Safety and Health of Workers. The link will open the training which is presented as a .pdf. Carefully Read and review all the information.
- On the last page, you’ll find a link to a certificate.
- Open the PDF file: Certificate template FILLABLE.pdf
- Fill in your Name, Date and Employer (you may use VHCB AmeriCorps and/or your host site) on the certificate, and then print to pdf.