2020-2021 Program Year Applications Due May 15th, 2020
Thank you for your interest in partnering with the Vermont Housing & Conservation Board AmeriCorps (VHCB AmeriCorps). Please read the following information regarding hosting a VHCB AmeriCorps member and the application process.
We recognize that this may be a difficult time for some organizations to complete an application. Many of our partners are experiencing financial difficulties, staffing changes, closed programming, organizational restructuring upon re-opening after the Stay Home Stay Safe Order, or otherwise don’t have the capacity to complete the application at this time. In lieu of a complete application, VHCB AmeriCorps will accept a letter of interest by May 15th. The letter should state:
- The number of positions your organization is interested in hosting
- An overview of what each position duties will entail. The overview may be brief, and if your site is not sure exactly what the member will do due to program/host site restructuring, state that instead.
- Name and contact information for person who will supervise the member(s).
- Why you’re submitting a letter of interest rather than complete application. For example: unsure if programming will happen in the coming year; staffing changes; financial burden/AmeriCorps cash match concerns; simply need more time to complete the application; etc.
- Any other information you believe is relevant or the program should know.
After receiving the letter of interest, we’ll follow up to make an alternative plan for submitting the application.
The upcoming program year will begin September 9th, 2020 and will end August 13th, 2021. Members must attend an AmeriCorps Pre-Service Orientation before beginning service at the host site which will take place September 9th - 11th, 2020. Members will begin service at the Host Site on September 14th.
Please review the following information sheet for the requirements of hosting a VHCB AmeriCorps Members: 2020-2021 VHCB AmeriCorps Slot information.
To apply, please complete the following Application to host AmeriCorps Members and return to Francis Sharpstene at @email by May 15th, 2020 5:00 pm. A complete application consist of the Host Site Application, a Position Description using the AmeriCorps Position Description Template, Supervisor Assessment Form (only required for new supervisors), and a Risk Assessment.
- 1)Host Site Application
- 2) Position Description (must use this template and return as a Word Doc. Do not use a Position Description from a previous year)
- 3) New Supervisor Assessment (only required to be submitted once per supervisor)
- 4) Risk Assessment
The 2020-2021 application should be used for all positions that fall within this period including 2021 summer-only positions.
Prior to completing the application, please review each of the following documents:
- 2020-2021 VHCB AmeriCorps Slot information
- 2020-2021 VHCB AmeriCorps Performance Goals
- Host Site Selection Guidelines
Proposed member positions should contribute to at least one of our Performance Goals. Note the definitions of terms (e.g. who qualifies as 'economically disadvantaged') and data collection requirements.
The Site Selection Guidelines is available for your reference, which is what we use for partner assessments and the member slot allotment process. Each year we receive more requests for partnership than we have capacity. We give very careful consideration to where slots are allotted. During this process, we may be in contact with you regarding clarification or areas of concern. You can expect to be notified of your request status by late-May. If your organization is awarded a slot, you should be prepared to begin recruiting immediately. Upon award notification, you will receive information about the recruitment process. If your organization is not awarded a slot but it meets all the eligibility criteria, it may be possible to place your organization to our Wait List in the case a slot opens up at a later date.
Please contact Francis Sharpstene, VHCB AmeriCorps Director, with questions at 802-828-3253 or @email.